White or yellow cake mix
Blueberry pie filling
Cool whip or whipped cream
1. Make a yellow or white cake (follow directions on box) in 9" x 13" pan.
Note: Since it is served in the pan that it is baked in, you may want to use a pyrex pan.
2. Make blueberry pie filling.
3. While blueberry filling is still warm, pour blueberry filling on top of the cake.
4. Put cake topped with blueberry filling into the refrigerator to cool.
5. After cake and blueberry filling are completely cold (about 3 to 4 hours),
then top with cool whip or whipped cream and serve.
Blueberry Pie Filling
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (rinse blueberries with water before using)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbl.sp. cornstarch
10oz. - 2 cups orange juice
2 tbl.sp. lemon juice
1 tbl.sp. butter or margarine
1. Mix 3 cups blueberries, sugar, butter/margarine and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan.
2. Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
3. Disolve cornstarch in orange juice, and pour into the berry mixture, stirring constantly until thick.
4. Turn off heat.
5. Pour the remaining 1 cup blueberries into the blueberry mixture and stir until mixed in (about 30 seconds).